How We’re Keeping You Safe on Home Inspections April 1, 2020
Call2Inspect has implemented the following procedures in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. We’re doing everything we can to be safe and smart on home inspections. These measures will protect home buyers and sellers, Realtors, and our own staff.
- If at all possible, we ask that sellers please vacate the home during the course of the inspection. They should plan on being away for 3 hours for a house and 2 hours for a condo. We realize that this may be a big ask with the current business and school closures. Please, if possible, sellers should be away from the house during the inspection. If sellers cannot leave the house, we ask them to please stay in one room during the course of the inspection.
- If the home seller does not want the buyer or buyer agent to attend the inspection, they should please tell the buyer agent directly. If a buyer or agent arrives to an inspection Call2Inspect will assume that permission has been granted for them to be in the house.
Buyers Who ARE NOT Attending the Inspection
- We recognize that some of you may not be comfortable attending or may not be able to attend. In this case, please wait for your inspection report to be emailed, then read your report and phone your inspector and he will be happy to review any findings.
- If desired, the inspector can do a brief FaceTime video walkthrough with you at the end of the inspection. You should phone the inspector ahead of time to arrange it. You will please need to have FaceTime and Google Duo installed on your phone ahead of time.
Buyers Who ARE Attending the Inspection
- If you are planning on attending, we ask you to please maintain a safe social distance of six feet to the inspector. In light of this, it would be best if you nominate only one person from your family to attend the inspection. Please plan on coming 2 hours after the scheduled start time for houses, and 1 hour after the scheduled start time for condos.
- Out of respect to the seller, please do not touch anything in the home or sit on the furniture. Please wear any seller-provided shoe covers.
Realtors – If Realtors are planning on attending the inspection, we will be asking you to please maintain a safe social distance of six feet to the inspector.
- We are wearing face masks during inspection and a fresh set of nitrile gloves in every home
- As always we continue to wear shoe covers indoors
- We will not sit on furniture or touch anything other than items we need to inspect
- In between jobs we are wiping down tools, phones, tablet computers, vehicles, and all other equipment with lysol spray and sanitizing wipes
- Inspectors will not come to work sick
- Inspectors will maintain a safe social distance of six feet
We understand these can be trying times for buyers and sellers and we wanted to let you know that we are doing everything we can to respect all parties and subject properties relative to hygiene procedures.